The Right Fleet
Transocean is constantly evaluating the sophistication and marketability of our rigs in order to maintain our position as the industry's leading fleet. We can help you find the ideal rig for your project, regardless of geography, environmental conditions or water depth.
More than 80% of Transocean's 27 ultra-deepwater rigs are less than 10 years old; nine were delivered within the last five years. Our ultra-deepwater fleet represent the most diverse and flexible rigs in the world with some of the newest rigs featuring our patented hybrid power technology.Explore all ultra-deepwater rigs
- Max Water Depth: Ranges from 7,500-12,000 ft
- Max Drilling Depth: Ranges from 30,000-40,000 ft
- 26 have dual activity capability
- 26 have dynamic positioning stationkeeping
We operate 10 harsh-environment semi-submersibles, all with propulsion systems, and several featuring dynamic positioning systems. From ultra-deepwater with dual activity to deepwater and midwater semi-submersibles, you can find a rig for any manner of cold, windy, high seas environments.
- Two of these rigs feature dual-activity capability
- Five rigs are equipped for shallow depths, two for deepwater and three for ultra-deepwater
- Operating Variable Deck Load capacities range from 3,700 to 7,500 metric tons
- Three units with full DP and moored configurations for the ultimate flexibility